RBT Rig Training Workshop
Course Aims & Objectives - The Aim of the ‘RBT Rig Training Workshop’ is to provide a comprehensive overview for fitness professionals of the background and practical application of functional rig training. By the end of the workshop attendees should be able to:
1. Understand the benefits and considerations of using functional training rigs.
2. Understand the safety considerations and contra-indications associated with functional training rigs and associated attachments and equipment.
3. Gain the knowledge and practical experience of correct technique for basic exercises with functional training rigs, attachments and associated equipment, such as Ropes, Powerbands, Flexi-Cords, Suspension Systems.
4. Gain an understanding of how to include these functional rig training exercises within a resistance training programme for individuals or small groups.
Logbook - Completion of logbook (observation hours - submitted as digital file)
Uses - Personal Training, Strength & Conditioning, Group Exercise
Outcomes - 6 REPs CPD Points for successful completion of the workshop.
Entry Requirements - To qualify for REPs CPD attendees should possess a Level 2 Gym Instructor or Studio Instructor Qualification minimum and a Valid REPs membership. This course is open to fitness enthusiasts not on the Register of Exercise Professionals, but certificates will not include REPs CPD Points.
- Available as Private Workshop (in-house).
- To enquiry about workshop availability please complete a Combined Course Enquiry Form
- Purchase for groups of 16 instructors (if less than 16 instructors then we will give you free download codes for remaining places to complete Digital (Distance Learning) Workshop.
- Download the digital resources and complete the guided pre-course learning in your own time.
- Course requirements = Functional Training Rig, Attachments and Associated Equipment and Suitable training area to accommodate 16 attendees (maximum)
- Total Duration is about 8 hours (including pre-learning, taught day and guided practice).
- Submit your logbook online
- SRP is £800 (plus travel costs and exc VAT)
Taught Day for Combined Workshop only
10.00 Registration, Functional Rig Training Theory
10.30 Practical - Monkey Bar exercises, Wing exercises, Attachment exercises
14.00 Practical - Powerband, Flexi-Cord, Suspension Training, Rope exercises
16.00 Review, Application and Conclusion