Functional Training Workshop
Course Aims & Objectives - The Aim of the ‘Functional Training Workshop’ is to provide a comprehensive overview for fitness professionals of the background and practical application of functional training. By the end of the workshop attendees should be able to:
1. Understand the benefits and considerations of using different functional training equipment.
2. Understand the safety considerations and contra-indications associated with common functional training equipment.
3. Gain the knowledge and practical experience of correct technique for basic exercises with functional training equipment, such as Kettlebells, Medicine Balls, Sandbags, Ropes.
5. Gain an understanding of how to include these functional training exercises within a resistance training programme for individuals or small groups.
Logbook - Completion of logbook (observation hours - submitted as digital file)
Uses - Personal Training, Strength & Conditioning, Group Exercise
Outcomes - 6 REPs CPD Points for successful completion of the workshop.
Entry Requirements - To qualify for REPs CPD attendees should possess a Level 2 Gym Instructor or Studio Instructor Qualification minimum and a Valid REPs membership. This course is open to fitness enthusiasts not on the Register of Exercise Professionals, but certificates will not include REPs CPD Points.
- Available as Private Workshop (in-house).
- To enquiry about workshop availability please complete a Combined Course Enquiry Form.
- Purchase for groups of 16 instructors.
- Download the digital resources and complete the guided pre-course learning in your own time.
- Course requirements = Suitable training area to accommodate 16 attendees (maximum) –kettlebells, dumbbells, sandbags, ropes, medicine balls, suspension systems
- Total Duration is about 8 hours (including pre-learning, taught day and guided practice).
- Submit your logbook online
- SRP is £800 (plus travel costs and exc VAT)
Taught Day for Combined Workshop only
10.00 Registration, Functional Training Theory
10.30 Practical - Dumbbell, Kettlebell and Medicine Ball exercises
14.00 Practical - Sandbag, Suspension Training, Rope exercises
16.00 Review, Application and Conclusion