Comprehensive Core Workshop (6 REPs CPD)
Core training is one of the most interesting areas of research in our industry, and with so many theories of the 'best way' to train our core muscles it can be confusing to differentiate fact from fiction. This course will cover how to integrate many of these different methodlogies into a comprehensive, progressive and effective core training programme.
This 1-day workshop will cover:
- Core anatomy of the core
- Theories of core training
- Core Assessments and screening for potential issues
- Optimal core stability scores
- Bodyweight Core training
- Core training with unstable surfaces
- Core training with weights
- Dynamic core training
- Over a hundred variations of core exercises.
Course Aims & Objectives -
The Aim of Comprehensive Core is to provide a comprehensive practical overview for fitness professionals of the background, science and application of core training. By the end of the workshop attendees should be able to:
Practical - None
Uses - Group Exercise, Personal Training
Outcomes - 6 REPs CPD Points for successful completion of the course.
Entry Requirements - To qualify for REPs CPD attendees should possess a Level 2 Gym Instructor or Studio Instructor Qualification minimum and a Valid REPs membership. This course is open to fitness enthusiasts not on the Register of Exercise Professionals, but certificates will not include REPs CPD Points.
- Available as Private Courses (in-house).
- To enquiry about course availability please complete a Combined Course Enquiry Form:
- Purchase for groups of 16 instructors.
- Download the digital resources and complete the guided pre-course learning in your own time.
- Course requirements = Training area to accommodate 20 attendees exercising dynamically. Theory area with electronic projector and screen preferred but not essential. Equipment (Mats, Fit Balls, Medicine Balls, Kettlebells, Dumbbells, Fit Bars).
- Total Duration is 8 hours (including taught day).
- SRP is a Combined Course is £800 (plus travel costs and exc VAT)
Taught Day Timetable